Tuesday, March 4, 2008

When 2 Worlds Collide

Was the theme of the bachelorette party Cale and I attended on Friday night. One of the Peace Corps Volunteers who has been in country over a year is getting married this month. Her fiancé is a Samoan she met here. Many of the party goers had matching T-shirts that said "When 2 Worlds Collide" on the front and "One Drunken Bride" on the back. There were also phallic symbols, but we won't talk about that.

On a boy-isn't-the-world-a-small-place note, Amanda (who is getting married) was going to school at the University of Evansville at the same time Cale and I lived there. She says it is even possible that she recognizes us.

Cale and I didn't not stay out too long and I didn't bring the camera, so I have not photographs of Peace Corps debauchery to share with you. But let it just be said there was drinking and dancing. By other people of course! when is the last time you saw Sara dance? That's what I thought.

— Sara

2 comments:

MX said...

I'm going to be in trouble when I come visit methinks...

Barb Carusillo said...

I saw you dance plenty of times!!Of course, it was around 23 years ago or so....