Friday, November 7, 2008

I love you this much

"Where did you go?"

"The store."

"What did you get?"

"Some samini."

"Oh? Are we ever going to eat today?"

"I thought you already ate your oatmeal."

"That's all I ever ate today, one bowl of oatmeal."

"I thought you wouldn't be hungry cause you had your oatmeal and you were asleep. Are you hungry now?"

"Yes."

"I can make some food."

"I can make some food ... You can make some edible food ... Eat your samini. I will just mash up all the potatoes."

"I will eat my samini and when I'm done maybe I will eat some of your mashed potatoes."

"Why you always got to be eating my mashed potatoes?"

"You just put aside whatever amount you can bear to part with."

"You know in my soul that is no mashed potatoes, right?"

"That's what being married is about."

"Every time I share my mashed potatoes with you it is the greatest sacrifice a girl could ever make."

"When you share your mashed potatoes with me, I know that you love me."

— Sara

2 comments:

Barb Carusillo said...

Your commentary is the reverse of your father's and mine. I come home from work a full hour after he does, but he still asks every day..."What is for dinner?" as soon as I walk in the door.
I can't complain though, because if it wasn't for him, I would not be sending this e-mail, because no computer would be working if it was up to me. They would be sitting there, blinking 12:00 like every other electronic device in the house!

Teresa said...

I LOVE mashed potatoes! I go to the Marsh salad bar a lot when I am working in the office and I always get a side of mashed potatoes. I've got 2 other girls doing it now.... gotta get those carbs with all that lettuce and healthy stuff! haha