Friday, June 12, 2009

It's Still a Mystery

So, unless you have short-term memory loss, you may remember my earlier post about a mysterious electronic device a former student was asking me about. She said it was like a laptop and wanted my help in setting the date. I asked her to bring it by.

I would like you to meet what I am calling Scuttle, Scuttle Bug.

It's Still a Mystery

It's Still a Mystery

When you press a button on his back, his wings slowly open and his head turns.

It's Still a Mystery

Revealing....

It's Still a Mystery

See, it's just like a laptop!

As far as I can tell it is a calculator, a clock, a calendar and you can set reminders. The problem is Scuttle thinks it is still 2000. He also isn't so hot at telling time. Cale and I were unable to discover a way in any of the menus to change the date or time. I recommended removing all the batteries, under the impression that it would force it to reset everything and might ask us to give the date and time when we turned it back on again.

Small problem. You have to be able to turn it back on again. 

After removing all the batteries, Scuttle appears to have died. He has gone from a slightly unwieldy calculator to a decorative paperweight.

— Sara

2 comments:

annette said...

too bad he died - i think it is a cute little lap top. can't you make it work cale?

Teresa said...

I got a job offer!