Wednesday, September 16, 2009

You Are Now Entering the Twilight Zone

If you haven't wandered over to Matt's recently, I need you to head over there and read these two stories:

This one
And this one

I had already read these when Cale and I walked past the John Williams Building last night. So I knew why such a huge crowd had gathered, I knew why the TV news was there and I knew why I was almost hit by a taxi.

However, I still don't understand. I have never understood these things. I can understand miracles and I can even get behind people with visions or whatever. But I have a hard time believing that whatever god there is goes around appearing in
grilled cheese sandwiches, metal baking sheets, a dry cleaner's press pad, a tree stump, a cider bottle, pancakes and toast, a kit-kat bar, a baby's ultrasound, or apparently the gutter stains on the side of a building. And that was just a quick google search.

Anyway, here's hoping god appears to you in your omelet this morning.

— Sara

2 comments:

Barb Carusillo said...

So, this really is true, not just a farce that Matt dreamed up, like his April Fool blog. It still seems more likely to be a farce that people gave this any more regard than maybe a "Hey look, that looks a little like an image of the Virgin Mary, kinda cool". Same with the other apparitions you cited....heck, I thought I saw half the Lord's supper in the clouds once, but I didn't call a press conference.

Barb Carusillo said...

Okay, I saw an article about it in the Samoan Observer, following a link on Matt's blog. Another case of truth is stranger than fiction. If folks get comfort and grace out of it though, that's okay, but try not to get run over!
Indiana wants you back, even if you say it said you don't belong!