Saturday, December 5, 2009

Air New Zealand



I am not an experienced world traveler. The only international carrier I have flown is Air New Zealand. However, I am still going to go out on a limb and say that Air New Zealand is super posh. I thought it was pretty fancy when we flew to Samoa two years ago and it has only gotten nicer. I am miserable on airplane seats. They are all built for someone taller than me, but I was able to get relatively comfortable on the Air New Zealand seats and sleep some on the way home. There was a TV in the back of the seat in front of me with movies, music, games, audio books. I tried to watch
Funny People (does not appear to be funny) and ended up watching He's Not That Into You. The food is also pretty amazing. I had oven roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and zucchini, plus a side salad and dessert. Breakfast was pancakes with blueberries! Berries!

There was quite a bit of turbulence on the trip, which I found a little unsettling. Visions of plummeting to the ocean danced in me head. Plummet, we did not. Instead we landed safely in America.

LAX

— Sara

2 comments:

Patty Leal said...

I'm glad to read you enjoyed your flight and that you are safely almost home. I'll be interested to read about your experiences adjusting to being back in the U.S.

Erica Burman, NPCA said...

Welcome home Sara. Wishing you a smooth readjustment. Be sure to sign up for your one-year free membership with NPCA, and to check out www.rpcvmentoring when you're ready.

All the best,

Erica