Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Purchasing is Political

Dear Target,
You've broken my heart. Over the years I thought I had gotten to know you, trust you, even love you. You were everything I was looking for in a department store. Where else would I go when I needed a cat toy, new bedsheets, school supplies and t-shirts in one stop? Walmart? Walmart is the evil empire, but you are Target. You were different. Maybe I was just letting the graphic designer in me cloud my judgment with its love of you displays and products. I thought you were more than just a pretty face, I thought I saw something good on the inside too (founding sponsor of Weekend America, you).

Now it's like I don't even know you anymore. I gave you my wallet and you've gone and thrown it in the trash. Target, how could you do this to me?

I think we need to take a break. I have started seeing other stores. They can't give me everything, the way you once could, but they don't cheat on me with bigoted politicians either.

This doesn't have to be the end of us. I could see it in my heart to take you back if I knew you were truly sorry and I could trust that you had changed your ways.

Regretfully,
Sara

PS. Tell your friend Best Buy I am not talking to him anymore either.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sara,

You're awesome :)

Patty said...

Sara,
You are awesome! A great writer with a social conscience. Your mom (and dad) must have raised you right. I'd be proud to have you as my daughter.