Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What are Oranges Doing in My Chai?

Dear Bigelow Teas,

I appreciate your interest in marketing your new tea flavor, "Constant Comment." I also appreciate your decision to give me one for free. How kind of you.

However, when someone gets up all bleary-eyed in the morning, opens a new box of Vanilla Chai tea, goes through the tea-making ritual (its Chai, I have to heat water and milk) and sits down to a nice cuppa Chai, they do not expect a mouth full of oranges. Maybe if I had been a little more awake and not stumbling around in a dark kitchen I would have noticed the teabag on top looked a little suspicious, but I didn't.

Granted, one cup of unexpected tea is not the end of the world, but I just wanted you to know that I did not appreciate my cup of tea this morning.

Sara

No comments: