Monday, June 15, 2015

Name This Plant: Artichoke

A photo posted by @seereeves on

This was a pretty popular name this plant. It was fun to watch people realize what it was in the Facebook comments. They pretty much had the same reaction I had when I stumbled across the plant in the wild.

Cale and I were walking to the grocery store and passed this plant in a neighbors lawn. Is that? It can't be? Is that what artichoke looks like? Cale did a quick Google, and yes, in fact, it is.



I know, you're thinking, "But, Sara, this is what an artichoke looks like."



You're right. But apparently, given enough time, they can look like this.



And for those of you that guessed thistle, you weren't actually wrong. Apparently, an artichoke is a cultivated species of thistle.

It just so happens that Cale and I already had an artichoke in our fridge we planned to grill today.

A photo posted by @seereeves on


I'll let you know how they turn out.

No comments: